If your prospects are on a mailing list somewhere, then you can reach that market ... and get them to send you money to buy what you are selling.
All you have to know how to do is find and get that mailing list - out of the more than 70,000 mailing lists that are available for rental today....
You have a product... or an idea for a product... or a service.
You know who would benefit from owning it - the type of people who need or use it, their characteristics, their industry or profession.
But unless you can find and rent a mailing list somewhere with their names and addresses on it, your marketing plans will come to naught.
Yet finding, choosing, and testing the right mailing list for your direct mail or e-mail marketing campaign is often easier said than done...
Reason: there are more than 70,000 different mailing lists... reaching hundreds of millions of potential customers... available for rental today.
With such a bewildering array of lists to choose from, finding and selecting the right mailing lists can be akin to searching for the proverbial needle in a haystack.
That's where my colleague John Ganis - one of the most experienced mailing list experts in the business today -- can help.
Over the years, John has advised dozens of companies large and small on how to find, test, and use the right mailing lists to reach their best prospects.
His list expertise has helped these mailers turn losing direct marketing campaigns into winners... dramatically boost response rates... keep their new business pipelines filled to overflowing with sales leads... and produce huge increases in sales and profits.
I've personally worked with John Ganis for many years. He is my "go-to guy" whenever I need to help a client or one of my readers find new prospects or make more money with mailing lists.
Now, John and I want to show YOU how to increase your direct mail and online marketing results by 25%... 50%... even 100% or more -- by finding, testing, and using the right postal and online mailing lists. If you will let us...
Need a great mailing list?
Here's where you'll find it.
In our audio program, Mailing Lists 101: Reaching Your Prospects Quickly and Cost-Effectively with Postal and Online Mailing Lists, John Ganis and I tell you everything you need to know to make money with mailing lists.
- Profits from “parallel list selection” – a little-known principle for finding the winning list for subscription promotions … catalogs … telemarketing … and any other offer.
- 5 reasons why you should almost never rent a mailing list directly from the company that owns the list.
- How to hire a top mailing list consultant and advisor to research lists for you. Your cost for their list recommendations and research report? Not one thin dime.
- Forget the rate card. Here's how to negotiate a better deal - and a lower price - on almost every mailing list you rent.
- "Net-net" arrangements that get you discounts on mailing list rentals of 15% and sometimes more.
- How to pinpoint the most responsive mailing lists in each of your target markets.
- What kind of list broker is best to work with - a specialist or a generalist? Mom-and-pop or a big mailing house?
- Creating a private database can cut mailing costs and improve DM response rates. Do you mail enough names to make it worth the investment?
- How to read a data card -- these simple instructions can improve list selection and save money.
- Does size matter: pros and cons of mailing to small lists... average lists... large lists.
- Boosting your response rates with "selects." Plus: best selects to buy ... and what you'll pay.
- Using key words and phrases to search the mailing list universe online and find the best lists for your campaign.
- How to evaluate mailing lists based on "tests and continuations."
- Setting your budget for direct mail testing - what will it cost you?
- Can you rent fewer names than the stated 5,000-name minimum most list owners and brokers advertise? The answer may surprise you.
- How to get statistically valid results from your direct mail tests. Plus: actions to take based on the test results.
- 2 ways to make sure you don't waste money mailing to duplicate names when renting multiple lists in the same markets.
- How should you mail your next DM piece - first class or third class?
- An easy way to track and measure results from direct mail tests and roll-outs. Plus: increasing accuracy of response measurement with match-back analysis.
- Is the humble postcard making a come-back? Discover which DM formats are pulling best today.
- Why e-mail lists are more expensive to rent than postal lists ... even though e-mail marketing is cheaper than paper direct mail.
- Calculating the "average" response to an e-mail marketing campaign sent to a rented e-list ... and other key online metrics you should measure.
- 3 offers that work like gangbusters in e-mail marketing to cold prospects.
- Best software and service bureaus for broadcasting e-mail marketing messages to both outside and in-house e-lists.
- Writing a "from" line that maximizes open rates for your e-mail marketing messages.
- What works best in e-mail marketing - text or HTML? What if the recipient's PC cannot read HTML?
- Synergistically increase market penetration and response rates with the "multi-mail" strategy.
- A simple technique for doubling your click-through rates -- works almost every time.
- What to do when your e-mail generates bounce-backs and spam complaints.
- Techniques for ensuring that you are e-mailing only to legitimate opt-in, permission-based e-mail lists.
- How to build your own online subscriber list with targeted e-mail marketing to outside lists.
- Determining optimal e-mail marketing frequency: how much e-mail is too much e-mail?
- Best days of the week - and best time of day - to send your e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Should your hyperlinks say "click here" in underline text? Or can a big button graphic get you more clicks?
- 3 reasons why it makes good business sense ... and can increase your revenues ... to let other companies e-mail to your online subscriber list.
- How to find niche markets that are more favorably inclined to respond to e-mail than to direct mail.
- How to make an extra $100,000 a year or more by renting your customer and prospect lists to other marketers.
- Average cost per thousand for business-to-business postal lists ... consumer mailing lists ... online lists.
- Control access to your mailing lists to prevent competitors from siphoning off your best customers.
- Should you manage your mailing list yourself or hire an outside list manager to market your list to mailing list users? Plus: 5 keys to selecting the right list manager.
- Key criteria for ordering a business-to-business mailing list: SIC, buying influences, number of employees, and more.
- How to get more money when renting your mailing list to other marketers by offering them "multi-buyers."
- Why experienced mailers always mail to monthly "Hotline Names" first.
- The "hidden gold" in the direct mail market - new movers - and how to reach them.
- Targeting consumers based on demographics and lifestyle - and why it works so well.
- How often must a mailing list be updated to maximize response rates when mailing to it?
- Little-known negotiating technique lets you use the mailing list you rent all year long instead of one-time only.
- How to prevent unscrupulous competitors from stealing your list and mailing to your customers without your permission.
- 3 ways to add more value to your house file so you can charge a higher price when you rent it to others.
- Let the United States Postal Service clean and update your entire mailing list - free of charge.
- 3 most popular file formats for mailing list rental and transmission. Plus: the one format you should never use.
- Pros and cons of asking your customers whether you can rent or share their names with other marketers.
- Proven techniques for maximizing revenues from rental of your customer and prospect lists.
- And so much more...
Order now and save $50
You can easily pay $10,000 to $50,000 to conduct a mailing test. Top direct marketing consultants charge $500 an hour. Even placing a 5,000-name order with a list broker can run you $500 to $1,000 or more.
But it won't cost you $10,000 ... or $1,000 ... or even $500 to take our home-study course on marketing with mailing lists.
Mailing Lists 101: Reaching Your Prospects Quickly and Cost-Effectively with Postal and Online Mailing Lists retails for $147. But order now at the special introductory rate and you save $50 off the cover price.
Your cost for the 2-CD set is only $97. That's less than I charge my consulting clients for just 15 minutes of my time.
And that's the price you pay only if you agree that our mailing list advice and strategies can indeed help you to find more prospects and make more money.
If it doesn't, your cost is zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Because now you can...
Use it risk-free for 90 days
If you are dissatisfied for any reason ... or for no reason at all ... just return the program materials to me within 90 days.
I'll refund your $97 payment in full. No questions asked. That way, you risk nothing.
So what are you waiting for?
To order Mailing Lists 101 on a 90-day risk-free trial basis... and save $50 off the cover price... just click below now:
But I urge you to hurry. This special discount offer is for a limited time only. And once it expires, it may never be repeated again.
P.S. Order Mailing Lists 101 today and you get our 92-page guide Make Money With Mailing Lists (list price: $29).
To order Mailing Lists 101... and get your FREE Bonus gift, Make Money With Mailing Lists just click below now:
A copywriter for more than a quarter of a century, Bob has written promotions for over 100 clients including Phillips, Agora, KCI, 21st Century, Weiss Research, EBI Medical Systems, Sony, IBM, AT&T, Grumman, Crain Communications, McGraw-Hill, Intuit, and AlliedSignal.
Bob is the author of 70 books including The Copywriter’s Handbook (Henry Holt) and Business-to-Business Direct Marketing (NTC Business Books). He has published more than 100 articles in such publications as Successful Meetings, Direct, Business Marketing, Writer’s Digest, and Amtrak Express.
Bob’s writing awards include a Gold Echo from the Direct Marketing Association, an IMMY from the Information Industry Association, two Southstar Awards, an American Corporate Identity Award of Excellence, and the Standard of Excellence award from the Web Marketing Association. He has also taught marketing at New York University.
Mr. Bly has appeared as a guest on dozens of TV and radio shows including The Advertising Show, Bernard Meltzer, CNBC, and CBS Hard Copy. He has been featured in major media ranging from the LA Times and Nation’s Business to the New York Post and the National Enquirer. He was a featured speaker at the 2006 annual conference of the National Speakers Association.
After years of writing winning online copy that made his clients rich, Bob decided recently to launch his own Internet marketing business. In creating the “Internet Marketing Retirement Plan” in collaboration with Fred Gleeck, Bob took his online business from zero products - and zero income - to over $4,000 a week in net revenues. He did it in less than 6 months, and now is on target to make over $220,000 in annual online sales working just 20 minutes a week!
"Bob Bly has been a freelance copywriter and writer for decades now. He is hugely successful, with both his offline and online writing." --Nick Usborne
"Bob Bly is widely regarded as a direct marketing genius." --Randy Gilbert, The Inside Success Show
"Bob Bly has been a freelance copywriter and writer for decades now. He is hugely successful, with both his offline and online writing." --Nick Usborne
"For over 25 years, Bob Bly has set the gold standard in results-oriented business-to-business writing." --Roger C. Parker, www.onepagenewsletters.com
"20 years ago, when Bob Bly starting teaching copywriting, the field was deeply shrouded in mystery. Now, thanks to Bob, learning copywriting, though still a tricky proposition, is much easier." --Ken McCarthy
"There's no better copywriter than Robert W. Bly, the man I call the 'King of Copy.' He can teach you more about the art and science of marketing than anyone I know." --Richard Dean Starr
"Bob Bly is the guru of gurus and if you want to enjoy the benefits of being an expert in your field- this interview was HOT!" --Randy Gilbert, Host "The Inside Success Show"
"Considered one of the best copywriters in the country." --David E. Wright, President, International Speakers Network
"Bob Bly is one of the most successful copywriters in the world. I've used his services and purchased a lot of his materials - and always profited from both." --Bob Serling, President, Idea Quotient www.IdeaQuotient.com
"One of the best copywriters in the business." --Michael Meanwell, author, "The Wealthy Writer"
"I've known Bob for a long time. His stuff is terrific." --Johne Forde, Copywriter's Roundtable
"Bly is probably one of the world's most famous and experienced copywriters. He is also a noted authority on the creation of online copy and online trends." --The Compulsive Reader
"Bob Bly is in the upper echelon of direct mail and email copywriters and he's an all-around direct marketing guru. In addition to hundreds of successful campaigns for technology clients, Bly has authored or co-authored more then 50 books." --Bruce Hadley, www.softwareceo.com
"Renowned direct marketing practitioner and prolific author Bob Bly [is] nationally recognized for his control-beating copy. [He] knows how to write for results." --Kansas City Direct Marketing Association
"Bob Bly is a human machine who has been outputting high-grade direct marketing copy for decades. I've read a few of his numerous books and have learned much from this pro." --Larry Chase, Web Digest For Marketers
"One of the great copywriters in the direct marketing industry...." --Ruth Stevens, author, The DMA Lead Generation Handbook
"Bob Bly is probably the best business-to-business, high tech. industrial, direct marketing copywriter in the country." --John Clausen
"There is no greater authority on business-to-business direct response copywriting then Bob Bly. What impresses me most about Bob Bly is his knack for making things clear and simple." --Scott Miller, AdAnalysis.com.
"Thanks for all your ideas, your useful newsletter, and your books. You are a creative fountain. It's a pleasure knowing you." --Donald M. Levin, Levin Public Relations & Marketing, Inc.
"In the world of business-to-business marketing, there are very few legends. One of them is Bob Bly, internationally renowned market communications specialist, teacher, and author of 30 books." --Business Marketing Association/NJ Chapte
"Just a brief note of thanks for the critique of our ‘Make Love... Last Longer' sales letter. Your comments were very useful, and I expected they'll prove to be profitable. I also liked the way you organized it--page by page, section by section. Very thorough." --Mark Whitby, Advertising Manager, NLP Atlantic, Inc.
"Thank you very much for the excellent session we had yesterday. Both Lavinia and I feel we got a lot of information and insight for the time we took, and we're moving as fast as we can to put it into practice." --Doug House, Washington Information Group
"Bob Bly is a first-rate writer of industrial print advertising. Bob has developed efficient methods for working quickly and effectively by mail, fax, and phone. And his price structure, deadlines, and revisions policy are fair and easy to understand. Bob is a pleasure to work with - I've never been disappointed." --Bernie Powers, Pruitt, Humphress, Powers & Munroe
"I would like to express my personal thanks for your assistance in helping us develop a marketing program via the mass media. I was impressed with your professionalism, knowledge of the field, willingness to extend yourself, and your eagerness to help us succeed. It was a real pleasure working with you; I will contact you for additional help on phase two of our project."
"I'll have to admit that I was initially somewhat skeptical that copy for a brochure could actually be written by mail, without all those meetings we've come to associate with the process. But your excellent copy made me a believer. It was clear that you had not only read the materials that I'd sent, but you also understood them. Your fresh approach won all-around approval. I don't think the changes we made affected more than three or four sentences. I look forward to future projects." --John W. Alexander, The Philadelphia National Bank
"Thanks for the ad copy. As usual, a job well done. You know how to listen - and give us copy that's right on target the first time. We seldom change even a single word in the ads and brochures you write for us. Your technical know-how and copywriting skills are an unbeatable combination for industrial and business-to-business advertising. We know we'll keep on using it - and you." --Kenneth I. Weissman, Graphicom
"Bob, this is great! It always amazes me how quickly the important concepts are captured and highlighted. Thanks." --Adrienne Pierce, The BOC Group
"Bly's writing is clear, direct, and well organized. He's a pleasure to read." --Bill Bonner, Agora Publishing (Target Marketing's "Direct Marketer of the Year")